Are you thinking about getting a 10’x15’ self-storage unit? In this blog we will break down everything you need to know about renting a 10’x15’ storage unit.
- How big is a 10’x15’ storage unit?
- A 10’x15’ storage unit is a 10ft wide by 15ft long, in general this size is approximately 150 sq-ft. Remember, even though the dimensions are the same, each storage unit might vary slightly in size. For exact measurements be sure to contact our offices, to verify the size of each unit.
- Visualizing a 10’x15’ storage unit
- It can be difficult to visualize how much stuff can fit inside the 10’x15’ storage unit. We recommend using painters tape, by using painters tape you can map out the width and length of the storage unit. Painters tape can help you practice where you plan to store your items.
- What can fit inside a 10’x15’ storage unit?
- A 10’x15’ space could hold the contents of a two-bedroom apartment, or a small car. This storage unit size can store items like; larger furniture pieces, contents of an apartment or small home, plastic totes and moving boxes, patio furniture, and king or queen-sized mattress.
- Can a car fit inside a 10’x15’ storage unit?
- Certain compact cars might fit inside this space, but recommend getting a 10’x20’ storage unit for the averaged sized car. If you think it will fit inside a 10’x15’, make sure to measure the dimensions of the vehicle and storage space. Items like motorcycles, ATV, and other small motor vehicles will fit perfectly inside.
- Is a 10’x15’ enough space for you?
- Our size guide can help you determine what space is enough for you, make sure you are taking notes on what items you are planning to store.
If you have any questions about what size storage unit you are needing, call your local Milt’s Mini Storage® TODAY! You can also check out our size guide page to determine what size will best fit your needs. Milt’s Mini Storage® offers self-storage units, at a reasonable and fair price. All of our storage units are monitored 24/7 by cameras and are located in a gated area with perimeter alarms.
As winter will be coming to an end, it is the perfect time to start your spring cleaning and let the decluttering begin. It can be easy to forget about the items you have stored away for the different seasons, but now is time to take notes on what to keep and what to store. Here are some items to store after the winter season.
- Outdoor Winter Equipment and Tools – Items like snow blowers, shovels, and other winter equipment can take up space in your garage or shed.
- Seasonal Sports Equipment – Ski gear, ice skates, and snowboards can be safely stored away until next winter and can help prevent them from getting damaged in your garage.
- Winter Recreational Vehicles – Putting these items in self-storage can help protect them from the elements especially if you don’t plan to ride them in the spring/summer months.
- Seasonal Décor – Fall and winter décor, like Christmas trees or lights, are typically only used during the fall and winter months so having that extra storage space can be handy.
- Documents and Files – If there are important documents that you do not regularly access can be considered to put them away is self-storage. This will free up your home office and protect the documents.
Decluttering your life can be a hassle, but getting those items returned to self-storage is a good place to start. When it comes to storing after the fall and winter season, you want to choose a facility that is secure, affordable, and convenient. Here at Milt’s Mini Storage we check all those boxes and more. We offer affordable rates and 24/7 security measures. Milt’s Mini Storage is here for your storage needs and to keep your items safe. Contact us today to learn more!
When storing your valuable recreational vehicles, boats, and other personal watercraft’s it is important to find a safe and convenient space to store them. Milt’s Mini Storage at 2715 Chandler Road West, Bellevue, NE offers a reliable solution for your outdoor storage needs. Here are some reasons why choosing outdoor storage at Milt’s Mini Storage is a great choice for you.
- Space and Convenience – One of our primary advantages of outdoor storage at Milt’s Mini Storage is the ample space for your RV or boat. Outdoor storage is designed to accommodate vehicles of various sizes and to ensure there is enough room for you to maneuver without a hassle. With accessible outdoor parking storage, you can simply drive in, park, and retrieve whenever needed. This can be helpful if you live in an area with limited parking or law restrictions.
- Affordable Solution – Outdoor storage offers an affordable solution for parking your RV or boat compared to indoor storage. By choosing outdoor storage, you can take advantage pricing while still ensuring the security and safety of your vehicles.
- Enhanced Security Measures – Our facilities are equipped with advanced security measures to ensure the safety and protection of your vehicle, boat, or RV. With our secured safety measures including secured gate access, extensive lighting, and surveillance cameras you can have a piece of mind knowing your valuables are protected.
Choosing outdoor storage at Milt’s Mini Storage to store your RV, vehicles, or boats offers several benefits. The ample space, affordable storage, and enhanced security measures provided by Milt’s Mini Storage allow you to comfortably store your personal items. Milt’s Mini Storage offers 10’x20’, 10’x25’, and 10’x30’ uncovered outdoor parking and 12’x40’ covered parking with trickle charging. Milt’s Mini Storage is fully gated, provides 24-hour surveillance, and easily accessible. Call today to reserve or rent your next outdoor parking space!
When renting a self-storage space, it can become expensive. So, why not find a way to help save some money when storing. The first steps in securing the best self-storage unit is seeking out their deals, keep an eye out for special rates and discounts. Make sure to call and ask the facility if they are having any current special on their storage units. It is common for some storage companies to offer storage unit deals.
You can save money by knowing how much space you need. When you become a self-storage renter, you pay for every square foot. The best way to go about finding the perfect storage unit for you is to know the appropriate amount of space you need for your belongings.
One-way storage rentals can end up becoming expensive is if you do not know how to store your items correctly. It can become costly and frustrating if these items become broken or damaged in your storage unit. If you create an aisle within your unit, it can keep your items easily accessible. Make sure your boxes are well labeled and sturdy, if you plan on keeping your storage unit long term. Keeping your items well protected and organized can help you save money.
Like all things finding the right storage facility for you requires time, strategy and money. By putting in the work, you will be able to get the best deal possible.
Milt’s Mini Storage is offering $1 move-in discounts! The $1 move-in discount is your first current month rent for $1. Each month the locations will have different units available for this special. Call your local Milt’s today to find out what units offer the $1 move-in discount.
If this is your first time renting a self-storage unit, you will need to know the best option that meets your needs by looking at size, cost, and the type of space you will need. Here are some things you will need to know when renting a self-storage unit:
- What is a self-storage unit?
A self-storage unit is a dry and secured place that you can use to store your extra items. When using a self-storage facility, you will need to choose one according to your needs and budget. You will also need to keep in mind other factors including sizing, location, security, and cost that fit within your budget.
The Renal Process
- Selecting a storage facility – The first steps you need to take when renting at a self-storage facility is to select the facility you want to store your items at. When choosing a facility consider some of the following factors: security, location of the facility, type of facilities they offer, accessibility, and cost.
- Deciding what size and type of unit works best for you – When looking at different sizing options, it will depend on the type of items you are going to store. Things like furniture, electronic equipment, or vehicles you will need a bigger unit option. If you are needing to protect against the changing Omaha weather, try looking for a climate controlled unit.
- Rental Agreement – Once you have decided on the self-storage unit that works for you, you will then fill out a rental agreement that serves as proof of ownership of the rented space. Please read the agreement carefully before signing to avoid any problems later on, we recommend getting an extra copy of the rental agreement.
- Self-Storage Insurance – Getting insurance will protect your items from theft and damage, you can get insurance through your insurance company under homeowners or renters insurance.
Milt’s Mini Storage® offers self-storage units, at a reasonable and fair price. All of our storage units are monitored 24/7 by cameras and are located in a gated area with perimeter alarms. Call your local Milt’s Mini Storage® TODAY!
Are you looking for different ways to utilize your self-storage unit? Whether you are storing your items during a move or needing extra space. We have some hacks that will help you maximize the space in your storage unit and make the most out of your unit.
- Use Stack-able Storage Containers: Stack-able storage containers are designed to easily stack on one another and helps reduce unused vertical space. The stack-able storage containers come in different shapes and sizes, allowing you to choose what fits best in your storage unit. By using stack-able storage containers, you are able to make your storage unit easier to navigate.
- Labeling Your Boxes: By marking each of your boxes with a description of the contents inside, you eliminate the unnecessary rearranging and save time looking in boxes. With a well labeled system, you will know exactly where to find what you need, when you need it, and making your storage hassle free.
- Use Vacuum-Sealed Bags: Using vacuum-sealed bags can help store bulky items by compressing the items and removing any excess air. These bags help optimize space and protect your items from moisture, dust, and keeping your belongings in the best condition.
- Arrange Similar Items Together: Grouping similar items together can help optimize space and reduce the amount of time you spend searching your self-storage unit. Storing items in the same category nearby will make it easier to locate items you need and will transform your unit into an easily navigable space.
Following some of the tips above can help give you the best self-storage experiences. Here at Milt’s Mini Storage® we provide safe and secure self-storage units to residential, commercial and business customers at a reasonable and fair price. Call your local Milt’s Mini Storage® TODAY!
Today in the self-storage world, there are many types of storage units you can choose from. There are many factors when it comes to choosing a storage unit that works for you, you need to consider two primary ones first—climate controlled or not. The choice of your rented Milt’s Mini Storage unit will largely depend on the area you live in and the items you are choosing to store. We want to discuss some precautions that you should take if your storage unit does not have climate control:
- Use Air-Tight containers: While most people prefer to use cardboard boxes, air-tight containers are recommended if you are choosing not to go with climate control. The air-tight containers can help keep the moisture away and protect your valuables like books, apparel, and electronics from environmental elements.
- Dry Your Items: Moisture can cause huge trouble for your belongings, if not stored properly it can cause mildew and mold to grow. It can also attract pest like roaches, ants, and mice. It is crucial to thoroughly dry all your belongings before packing them.
- Pack Clothing Correctly: Wardrobe or air-tight boxes are recommended if you plan on storing clothing items. Wardrobe boxes are preferred for clothing because they are designed to keep your clothes safe from dust and humidity.
- Disassemble Furniture Pieces: Wooden articles can expand and contract with the temperature changing and humidity. Keeping them separated can prevent them from warping together. You can cover each piece individually to reduce the effect of environmental elements.
- Use Peppermint Oil: Peppermint oil can produce a scent that mice do not like and make them stay away from your unit. We recommend putting a small amount on a cotton ball and storing it around your unit.
- Follow Facility Rules: Here at Milt’s Mini Storage we recommend not storing food, live plants, animals, open food containers, or gasoline. These items can put your unit and your neighboring units in jeopardy.
Milt’s Mini Storage® offers self-storage units, at a reasonable and fair price. All of our storage units are monitored 24/7 by cameras and are located in a gated area with perimeter alarms. We provide climate controlled buildings at our 3349 Keystone Drive, 2715 Chandler Road West, 3303 N 147th Street, and 3320 S 60th Street locations. For better information about our facilities please feel free to call today!
Self-storage may be perfect for you if you have a small business, growing a business, running a nonprofit or even for a side hustle. Here are some benefits of getting a storage unit for your business:
- Less Clutter – If you are running your business in a small space or at home, it can be nice to have some much needed space for every day used items.
- Room to Expand – As you are planning to expand your business, self-storage can help with freeing up square footage by storing unnecessary things. Self-storage is also a great option if you are planning to downsize and store office equipment.
- Security Features –Self-storage’s provide added levels of security like secured gate access and surveillance footage.
- Space for your Inventory – If you have a retail company, you know the right balance of what items need to be stored or displayed. Self-storage can help you store the seasonal items or items you know will sell during each season.
- Convenience – Using a self-storage facility, you can have easy access to all of your businesses items, even though they are not stored at your business.
- Renovations – If your business is working on renovations, self-storage can help you store items you don’t want ruined by contractors.
Milt’s Mini Storage® has proudly served the Omaha Metro area for the past 45 years. We have provided safe and secure storage units to residential, commercial and business customers. We offer self-storage units, at a reasonable and fair price. All of our storage units are monitored 24/7 by cameras and are located in a gated area with perimeter alarms. Whether you are growing a business, running a nonprofit, or an owner of a small business, Milt’s Mini Storage® can help you save space!
Are you considering storing your item in a climate controlled unit? Here are some tips to help you choose if climate controlled units is what you are needing.
Why consider a climate controlled unit?
- It can keep your items in a comfortable controlled temperature range all seasons long – Since we live in the Midwest we experience all four seasons. We can experience the extreme heat to an ice cold winter within months of each other.
- Climate control is more than you think – When storing your items, we tend to think that climate controlled is just a certain temperature, but what we really offer is properly maintaining humidity controls through the seasons.
- Barrier between the real world and your stored items – Our climate controlled buildings have increased insulation to help prevent flooding, animals, and dirt.
Items we recommend storing in a climate controlled building:
- Electronics, DVDs, CDs, vinyl, and any other different types of media
- Paper documents and photographs
- Antiques and/or Collectables
- Wooden, metal, leather, or wicker furniture
- Musical Instruments
Milt’s Mini Storage offers a true climate controlled building to help keep your items in the best condition. We provide climate controlled buildings at our 3349 Keystone Drive, 2715 Chandler Road West, 3303 N 147th Street, and 3320 S 60th Street locations. For better information about our facilities please feel free to call today!
Self-storage can be a great way to store your belongings during a period of transition or a place to help your free up some space in your home. To make sure you are optimizing keeping your belonging safe, you need to take a few extra steps. Here are some tips to ensure you are choosing the correct storage facility and packing your unit.
Choosing a reliable storage facility:
- Choose a reliable self-storage facility – It is important to choose a facility that has reviews and/ or past customer experiences, this can help prove a reliable track record.
- Start your search early – Finding a good storage facility can take time mare sure to know some key factors; size, prizing, security, and fees. If you are looking at a storage facility, do not wait too long to reserve or rent as available can change from day to day.
- Have an idea of what you are going to store – Having an idea of what you are going to store can help you get a better understanding of what size unit you are needing.
Packing your unit:
- Label your boxes – Labeling your boxes can help you in the long run. If you plan on using storage for more than a couple months, it can help if you need to come and grab something from your unit and not have to search through all the boxes.
- Don’t store super valuable items – If it is something that you can’t afford to lose, we recommend not storing it in your storage. With using self-storage facilities there is always a risk, to be safe we recommend finding a different way to store your valuable items.
- Protect your items – Some self-storage facilities sell items to help you protect items you are storing, we recommend properly wrapping and packing stored items.
- Get insurance – Some renters and/or homeowners insurance policies can cover personal property in storage. Getting insurance can give you extra protection of those items you are choosing to store at a facility.
- Ask for help – Moving can be difficult to do alone, asking those around you can help make things so smoothly and less stressful.
When storing your items remember to store smartly and follow some of the tips above, this can help give you the best storage experiences.